Discover the critical transition from ADA/FEHA for the employee's own serious health condition. Learn the process for assuring if you are denying CFRA, you are compliant with regulations and you're confident now that you've met all your responsibilities.
- How to create your standard operating procedure for Eligibility and Denial Notices, and what to do next.
- Learn the all too important process of determining whether the employee qualifies for CFRA or if they qualify for ADA/FEHA if their own serious health condition exists.
- Discover the compliance due dates for Eligibility and Denial Notices.
- How to avoid retaliation charges.
- Clarify the information you need to provide the employee and the Denial Notice regarding how they could obtain benefits in the future if they're not eligible now.
- How to respond if the employee is not providing the information you need before denial.
- Dual notification strategy, including Denial Notices and failure to cures and how that is impacted when you've got unmet criteria like not providing you a medical certificate.
- How to address your company policies that may also apply if you're denying CFRA.
- What to do when an employee does not meet the eligibility requirements for CFRA leave, and they exhaust CFRA leave for their own serious health condition.
- How to address denial from the CFRA process and how and when to transition to ADA/FEHA with pregnancy or with Workers' Comp
- The four different reasons you may need to transition from CFRA to ADA/FEHA for the employee's own serious health condition.
This training is a part of the California Medical Leave and Accommodation Management Specialist Certification Course.
- 1.5 hours of on-demand video training
- One year access
- Available online 24x7
- 1 Q&A session
- Learn anytime, anywhere
- Assessment quiz
- Companion guide
- 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® SHRM-SCP®
About this CourseFREE PREVIEW
Bonus: Integrated Medical Leave & Accommodation Management System™ Welcome
CFRA Denial Course (CA CFRA) Companion
Course Transcript: CFRA Denial (CA CFRA)
Lesson 1 - CFRA Denial & Next Steps
CFRA Denial & Next Steps Assessment
Take the training, if you are dissatisfied with the depth and breadth of knowledge after your first training, simply ask and we’ll send you 100% money back. All we ask for is evidence that you’ve taken the training and attempted to complete the self-assessment quiz.
Beth is recognized as a leading authority in FMLA/ADA HR compliance with over 27 years of in-the-trenches experience. She has been helping companies implement FMLA/ADA regulations since they were originally enacted in the early 90s’. She is a sought after subject matter expert providing expert testimony for litigations and lawsuits.
Beth De Lima’s CV