Discover the critical transition from ADA/FEHA for the employee's own serious health condition. Learn the process for assuring if you are denying FMLA/CFRA, you are compliant with both state and federal regulations and you're confident now that you've met all your responsibilities.
- How to create your standard operating procedure for Eligibility and Denial Notices, and what to do next.
- Learn the all too important process of determining whether the employee qualifies for FMLA/CFRA or if they qualify for ADA if their own serious health condition exists.
- Discover the compliance due dates for Eligibility and Denial Notices.
- How to avoid retaliation charges.
- Clarify the information you need to provide the employee and the Denial Notice regarding how they could obtain benefits in the future if they're not eligible now.
- How to respond if the employee is not providing the information you need before denial.
- Dual notification strategy, including Denial Notices and failure to cures and how that is impacted when you've got unmet criteria like not providing you a medical certificate.
- How to address your company policies that may also apply if you're denying FMLA and CFRA
- What to do when an employee does not meet the eligibility requirements for FMLA/CFRA leave, and they exhaust FMLA/CFRA leave for their own serious health condition
- How to address denial from the FMLA/CFRA process and how and when to transition to ADA with pregnancy or with Workers' Comp
- The four different reasons you may need to transition from FMLA/CFRA to ADA/FEHA for the employee's own serious health condition.
This training is a part of the California Medical Leave and Accommodation Management Specialist Certification Course.
- 1.5 hours of on-demand video training
- One year access
- Available online 24x7
- 1 Q&A session
- Learn anytime, anywhere
- Assessment quiz
- Companion guide
- 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® SHRM-SCP®
About this CourseFREE PREVIEW
Bonus: Integrated Medical Leave & Accommodation Management System™ Welcome
FMLA/CFRA Denial Course Companion
Course Transcript: FMLA/CFRA Denial
Lesson 1 - FMLA/CFRA Denial & Next Steps
FMLA/CFRA Denial & Next Steps Assessment
Take the training, if you are dissatisfied with the depth and breadth of knowledge after your first training, simply ask and we’ll send you 100% money back. All we ask for is evidence that you’ve taken the training and attempted to complete the self-assessment quiz.
Beth is recognized as a leading authority in FMLA/ADA HR compliance with over 27 years of in-the-trenches experience. She has been helping companies implement FMLA/ADA regulations since they were originally enacted in the early 90s’. She is a sought after subject matter expert providing expert testimony for litigations and lawsuits.
Beth De Lima’s CV